EDANA provides detailed data on European Nonwovens Production and Deliveries annually for EDANA member companies. Below you will find some of the key statistics.
- Nonwovens production in Greater Europe increased in volume by 4.8% to reach 2,166,814 tonnes in 2014
- This compares with growth rates in the two previous growths of 2.2% in 2013 and 2.4% in 2012, on a comparable basis
- Estimated total turnover of the European nonwoven roll goods industry is around 7,138 million €.
Nonwoven production in Greater Europe (in thousand tonnes 2014)
Nonwoven production in Greater Europe by manufacturing process (in thousand tonnes in 2014)
Nonwoven production in Greater Europe (in thousand tonnes in 2014)
Nonwoven production in Greater Europe (in square meters in 2014)
In 2014, the main market segments in terms of volume for nonwovens roll goods, were
- hygiene (31.82%)
- wipes for personal care (12.39%)
- construction (9.97%)
- upholstery / table linen / households (7.79%)
- civil engineering (6.99%)
- automotive (5.44%)
- other wipes (4.18%) and
- filtration (3.43%)
Nonwoven deliveries in Western Europe by end-uses (in thousand tonnes in 2014)
- Total nonwoven exports from the EU27 to the rest of the world amounted to 341,811 tonnes in 2014 (as compared to 339,511 tonnes in 2013)
- This represented value of almost 1,551 million €
EU28 Total Nonwoven Trade Flows with the Non-EU Countries (in volumes)
The full report and detailed data for the "2014 European Nonwovens Production and Deliveries". For further information, please contact Jacques Prigneaux, Market Analysis and Economic Affairs Director.
- As this industry is very capital-intensive, it employs “only” around 23,000 employees in Europe.