COVID-19 and its impact on EDANA's activities
The health, well-being and safety of our members, suppliers and staff are at the centre of our preoccupations, therefore since Monday 16th March, and until Friday 3rd April included, the EDANA staff will be working remotely in an effort to help contain the spread of the Coronavirus.
How does it work in practice?
- We allow flexible working hours to help our staff organise their day in the best possible way, and to combine work and care for their children. Schools are closed in Belgium, with daycare options reserved primarily for children of healthcare workers. Grandparents’ help is not an option in this context.
- All staff members are equipped with laptop, mobile phone (office lines have been redirected) and have access to the EDANA server and the EDANA Member Portal.
- Every morning, we have a WebEx team meeting to go through all the projects that need input and check on everyone, making sure that those who need any kind of support can receive it.
- The staff continues to work on ongoing projects and new projects through dedicated WebEx meetings and calls.
- Working and Steering Group meetings, as well as special task force meetings, have been either postponed to a later date (if not urgent) or converted into WebEx meetings, as many projects require continuity.
- We keep our members and the industry informed through the usual communication channels:
- All EDANA events (conferences and training courses) from March to end of April have been postponed to the Fall. For more information please visit the EVENTS calendar and the TRAINING COURSES calendar.
- INDEX™, the world’s leading nonwovens exhibition bringing together over 13,000 trade visitors from over 100 countries and 700+ exhibitors, from 41 countries, has been postponed to 20-23 October 2020 in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information visit INDEX™20.
Be assured that we are doing our utmost to continue providing the best services possible to all our members and the nonwovens industry at large.
Do not hesitate to contact the EDANA team if you have further question