Statistics report: Worldwide Outlook for the Nonwovens Industry 2018-2023
INDA and EDANA are pleased to publish this sixth edition of the Worldwide Outlook for the Nonwovens Industry.
This report presents detailed production data by region for the global nonwovens industry for 2008, 2013 and 2018, and a forecast for 2023.
Member company: €3600* (excl. VAT)
Non-member company: €5200 (excl. VAT)
*Additional discount will be granted to the companies contributing to the yearly EDANA statistical enquiry (contact email@example.com for more information)
The goals of the report is to:
- provide economic and demographic trends, as they are significant drivers of demand within the nonwovens industry;
- explain industry trends within regions, processes, end uses, raw materials, and trade flows;
- present industry production for region by process and end use markets;
- provide an overall picture of global nonwoven roll goods trade; and define and clarify production processes and end use market segmentation to provide greater clarity in the industry.
Among the highlights of the report::
- In the historical period (2008–2018) production increased 5.7%, lead by growth in spunbond/spunmelt and drylaid hydroentanglement.
- China leads the growth in production, adding an additional 3.3 million tonnes from the end of 2008 through to 2018, representing a 10.8% annual growth rate.
- Across the nonwoven end use segments, transportation and wipes production expanded at the fastest rates, while absorbent hygiene applications recorded the highest incremental volume, with 1.3 million tonnes.
For more information about nonwovens statistics, market and figures, click here